Topic Options
#71501 - 03/09/16 05:44 AM Recurring sickness....
luvmybabes Offline
Somewhat Knowledgeable-Adolescent

Loc: Destin, FL
Hi Doc B!

Feeling frustrated over here. I have 5 kiddos and they have been taking turns being ill since Dec. 22nd!! My poor Kinsey has had it the worst. She's had 3 ear infections so far (one in Jan, Feb, and now currently Mar). This is the 5th time she has been sick and missed school days. I think she had an eye infection with another sickness. Anyway, it usually hits her really quick. Coughing, fever etc for a few days...then leaves a "parting gift" in the form of eye/ear or hand infection...this virus has manifested itself differently in each of my kids.

This time it came on quick, but no coughing at first. (Wednesday) Low grade fever one night...stayed home from school (Thursday). Sent her to school Friday because Thurs. she did better, but that afternoon I could tell she was feeling bad again, but still no fever. I took her and little sister to Dr. Saturday. Dr. said just a virus. Said she had spots on the back of her throat...strep test was negative...instructed us to do a better job at washing hands etc and just let it run coarse. Saturday night she threw up (not a lot), but little sister had a bug the day before so could have caught that. Sunday home. Sunday night woke up in middle of night with horrible ear pain. Took her back to Dr. Monday and she had a double ear infection this time. Spots still there in throat but faded. So we started Cefdinir Monday. (1 dose a day). She went back to school today because they only gave me a note for yesterday and said she'd be ok to go back. When she got home I could tell she wasn't feeling well. Sure enough 102 fever. Sooooo that is where we are at now. I'm worried about her with all this recurring illness. It takes a few days for the antibiotic to kick in right? Should I be concerned that she has high fever now? Will call the Dr. in the morning anyway, but wanted to get your opinion. What would you do?

#71502 - 03/11/16 12:03 PM Re: Recurring sickness.... [Re: luvmybabes]
Dr. B Moderator Offline
Wise-Teacher

Hi,

I would take a week off an isolate them. Maybe if they can avoid exposure to illness for a few days, they would have a chance to recover. It sounds like they are being bombarded with illnesses.

Moderator:  Dr. B, katherinelp, MyGuyTy, zachluke 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1 Guest and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Newest Members
sebelahku, alizah, Jimmy, asukoe, ojosaru
2618 Registered Users