Topic Options
#70825 - 03/07/12 08:42 PM Bed Wetting
fishinmomma4 Offline
New-Baby

My daughter is 9 years old, will be 10 in July. She still wets the bed. She wears pullups to bed because I don't want to have to deal with changing sheets in the middle of the night. My husband tries to wake up in the middle of the night to get her to go potty, sometimes she wakes up and will go, other times he can't wake her. There's no rhyme or reason to the bed wetting. She can stay dry because there are times she does stay dry. Even when she goes to spend the night with someone, family or not, she will have stayed dry. We don't let her drink anything past 7 p.m. and she is off to bed between 8 and 8:30. Any recommendations on how to get the wetting to stop? Thank you!

#70826 - 03/09/12 01:15 PM Re: Bed Wetting [Re: fishinmomma4]
Dr. B Moderator Online   content
Wise-Teacher

Hi,

You have 3 options. First, you can wait for her to grow out of it and do what you are doing. Second, you can get a bed wetting alarm. That is a device that has a probe you place in her underpants attached to an alarm. When she begins to wet, it alarms and wakes her up. This trains her to wake up if she is going to start to urinate. Third, you can get a medicine called DDAVP that you take at night to stop the wetting for that night. Many people use that for sleepovers but some use it on a nightly basis until they grow out of it. She will grow out of it, usually by 11 years of age.

Moderator:  Dr. B, katherinelp, MyGuyTy, zachluke 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Newest Members
sebelahku, alizah, Jimmy, asukoe, ojosaru
2618 Registered Users